View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Sponsor Logos 
Site Admin

Post Sponsor Logos
Here are the logos available for each sponsor. I'll link up each sponsor to their download as soon as it is available. If a sponsor is not listed then they have opted to not have logos appear. All the logo packs contain multiple sizes of the same logo (if possible) to make then easier to place within the map. Note though: some sponsors have multiple logos however you are only required to place one logo per sponsor in the map (you can put more in if you want though); you are welcome to chose whichever logo suits your map the best.

Maverick Servers - download
Sapphire - download
Ready Up Radio - download
Kot-in-Action - download
Wacom - download
Luxology - download
Lunar Module - download
Massacre Servers - download

Also: please remember to make each of the sponsor logos so that they won't show damage marks and won't be affected by r_picmip.

Code:
textures/yourmap/msg
{
      surfaceparm nomarks //weapon impact won't cause marks on the texture
      qer_editorimage textures/yourmap/MaverickServers_1024x512.tga //this is the texture displayed in the texture browser
      nopicmip //the texture is not affected by r_picmip
   {
      map textures/yourmap/MaverickServers_1024x512.tga //this is the diffuse map you will see ingame
   }
}

As always let me know if there are any questions, concerns, comments, etc.

Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:38 pm

Post Re: Sponsor Logos
Would it also be alright to just put the textures / shaders in a separate sponsor logo folder apart from our main map`s texture folder to avoid clutter? (i.e textures/sponsorlogos/sponsor instead of textures/mapname/sponsor)

Can we also do see-through electronic ads like some of those found in QL? Or do the rules from previous contests still apply?

Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:22 pm
Site Admin

You're welcome to store the sponsor logos however you want, as long as they appear in your map on a vertical surface like a wall.

Making the logos transparent would require modifying them so that's not going to work out, so no, the logos cannot be see-through.

Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:50 am

Just spotted one kinda funny fact. Earlier there was a discussion here about using the textures and making sure they are 100% pure legal considering the copyrights etc... now looking at the massacre servers logo it uses q3 name, logo and graphics -all apparently made by NicoleBaby :p And everyone is supposed to use it as a texture... : ) Well I don't really care about that, what bothers me a bit though -that the logo itself is just looking horrible T_T
Also, image 'Wacom_512x512' is not realy 512x512 px in size

Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:30 pm
Site Admin

My fault, I've resized the Wacom logo. I guess I did it incorrectly the first time.

I've also pulled the sponsor image you mentioned due to the Q3 logo being on it (thanks for spotting that). I'll get one back up after I speak to them. You might want to take care when you say "that the logo itself is just looking horrible" since the sponsors read these forums and you have no doubtedly insulted them.

Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:49 pm

Uh... wait :o Now I'm afraid I've gotten this whole event a little wrong. I didn't believe that it was actually so serious and official. I joined just for fun and to contribute some new map for the community, I don't really care at all about competing or winning anything. I apologize for the inconvenience and resign from my post in the event. Good luck everyone~

Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:16 pm

Theres no link to d/l massacre servers new logo.

Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:55 pm
Site Admin

My fault, I put it off a little too long. The image pack is now posted.

Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:09 pm

Did steel storm logos vanish? I've got them but wondering if they are needed in the maps anymore since they're no longer in the list.

Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:44 pm
Site Admin

Steel Storm is made by kot-in-action, so you can download those logos through that link.

Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:29 pm

Ah I see, cheers mate

Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:12 pm

Hi Maverick, daft question but have i goto put both Steel Storm and Kot in action into the map or just one of either?

Regards
Fubsy

Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:30 pm
Site Admin

The choice is yours. You can put as many logos you want in, as long as you have *at least* one logo per sponsor logo pack.

Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:16 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]