View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Fallen Angel by Waveshock (Alpha1) 

Post Fallen Angel by Waveshock (Alpha1)
Marcin "Waveshock" Szumlański
szumlanski.marcin@gmail.com

Last edited by Waveshock on Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sun May 08, 2011 9:57 am

Post Re: Waveshock - signup
I decided to smal (2v2) FFA/Duel map.
I try with old damaged church/temple theme...how does it finish i don't know :wink:
I'm noob (btw. first Q3 map) so progres is little slow. I lern a lot how use Radiant, floor planing and texturing.

Attachments:
image1.jpg
image1.jpg [ 380.62 KiB | Viewed 18979 times ]
Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:23 pm

A litlte bit progress.... :)

Attachments:
img2.jpg
img2.jpg [ 358.07 KiB | Viewed 18938 times ]
Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:44 pm

Hi evryone,

My map slowly go forward :) I hope to realese first alfa at next week. I haven,t too much time in this week for mapping.

Attachments:
img2.png
img2.png [ 509.48 KiB | Viewed 18893 times ]
Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:00 pm

Post Waveshock - wav3tourney1
Hi again,

I have question for more skilled mappers:

- in GTKradiant 1.5 is no more curve thickness options (in 1.4 version was available). How can I make that curve?? I try with curve+simple mesh patch but result was quite good.

- how can i turn option for display brush size in GTKradiant/Netradiant??

Attachments:
img3.jpg
img3.jpg [ 200.82 KiB | Viewed 18853 times ]
Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:32 pm

The shortcut for displaying the brush size is "j". You can enable it in the menu too.
To get the thicken effect you gotta use simple patch meshes (shift+p) and use vertex editing mode.

Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:53 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: Fallen Angel by Waveshock
Hi evryone,

I have problem with Radiant :(

I wrote basic shaders for teleporter and water. They working. Now if i change something in shader after compilation changes don't apear. Shader is same like before chenges. I used shader Reload/Flush option but without result.
Shader after modification is ok in Q3ASE works ok. Now when i try to tcmod rotate on another texture in editor i can see texture but after compile texture is like "shader no found".

Help PLS!
Ps Thx for Cityy for last advaice, and sorry for my quite good english

EDIT:

Eaven if I remove all shader script (deleting wav3tourney.skader file) and reload shaders in NetRadiant, after recompile shaders works in game engine.

WTF??

Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:29 pm

One more thing: shaders surfaces param works corectly: f. eg. if i use non solid texture param and rotate - non solid works ok. but texture is not rotating ;(

Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:54 pm

Hello : )
Did you get any error message in the console in game ? -that could point to the problem source.
Also, you could paste your shader script here, maybe someone could discover possible bug in it.
You could also try check it yourself first -there could be just some typing/syntax error, also check if the paths and filenames are ok and that your shader name is listed in scripts/shaderlist.txt

Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:38 am

I sometimes had that using exclusively test compiles for my level. The shaders wouldnt update, no matter how often I compiled. Resolved itself when I was using one of the final compile options. Very strange..

Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:30 am
Profile WWW

Thx guys for reply ;)

I try final compile but result was this same..no shader update.
I lose a loooooot of time without result.
I found solution...i'm not sure but it's engine problem.
I install clear Q3 in another partition and pack my map to pk3 file and...eureca....evrything works correct. This same map files didn't working a litle bit elier...strange...i didn't recompile nothing before add to pk3 file.

PS.

I use NetRadiant and Windows7 x64

Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:11 am

Password of the week:

Attachments:
img5.jpg
img5.jpg [ 367.84 KiB | Viewed 18707 times ]
Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:44 pm

Post Re: Fallen Angel by Waveshock (Alpha1)
Hi evryone,

Here is first alpha of my map. Map need a lot of work but I want know if I go in correct direction of gameplay etc.
I need add some items, rework mega room, litle correct RA room and few smaller things.

Progress slow becouse my work don't let me free time too much.

Guys please post here with feedback.

Feedback: gameplay, floorplan, item placment, wepon placment.

Thanks a lot :)

http://www40.zippyshare.com/v/90911800/file.html

Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:00 pm

Hey, not bad for the first map. I think the layout goes well with the theme you picked, and there are some interesting ideas. Regarding the gameplay I think it could be a little better connected in some places. As for example that Megahealth room -if you fall down there's just nowhere you could go, only this large hall and one jumppad. Other thing, maybe some of the doorways could be a bit larger.

(Also there was a lot of missing textures.I know it's just an alpha version but still I think it would be better if you either included them or just used some plain baseq3 texture for everything)

Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:04 pm

First thing I think you should do is sort out the scale of the rooms etc, and sort out the missing textures.

Like, the corridors and ledges are too small in some places. They should be about 128-192 units wide. Also some jump pad areas are too small.

Think about the map like there is water flowing around it, and in the places where it stops and bunches up, either put a powerful item there or smooth it out. It should be fluid like you almost don't need to think about it when you move through the map, then you can add some trick jumps as another 'layer' of movement (thats what I try to do anyway). Just try to stick to some scaling rules and keep it simple at first (try not to use below 16 unit grid, or even 32).

I think the layout is nice and I wouldn't change much about it, but I would look at the teleporters and where some steps are. I mean it looks like you are still thinking about how to connect some bits up. Theres some places where there are dead ends and it would be nice I think to put teles there (but try and keep the amount of teles in the map to a minimum, like 2-3 maximum (2 way or 1 way)).

Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next