View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Judging has started 
Site Admin

Post Judging has started
What a great end to the competition. Thank you all for making this an awesome success. Everything has been sent to the judges so thus starts the final stage in our mapping competition. Thank you again for helping!

And also a huge thank you to Sapphire, AMD, ATI, Crucial, Planetside Software, and Autodesk. These sponsors have provided some truly awesome prizes so I hope you think of them the next time you are purchasing hardware and software.

BTW: You are all welcome to continue working in your maps. If you modify them or fix issues that you find I'll gladly update the official mappack when things get released after judging.

Below is the email I sent to all the judges for your viewing pleasure:
Quote:
Hi everyone. The Quake 3 mapping competition is now over and the final maps have been submitted to me. I've packed them up and you can download it here:

http://download.maverickservers.com/qua ... udging.zip

Please give the map pack a download. I've included a Judging.xls scoresheet where you can score each map as you go. If you'd like to coordinate playing on the maps on the test servers please post onto the mapping forums at viewforum.php?f=10. The mappers really enjoy the interactions as their maps are judged, so if at all possible please indulge them and let them know a time when you plan on testing things. I believe all of the maps would benefit greatly from multiple people judging at the same time, so please coordinate with each other if at all possible. This will lead to better feedback and faster judging.

The mappers have worked many hours to make these maps so the more feedback they get the better. Some of the mappers have asked for demos of the judging process occurring, so if you can accomodate that it would be awesome. I can provide FTP upload areas for the demos if you need me to, so just ask. I think having demos for the mappers will make the judging be a really great experience.

Please have your scores in to me by August 11th if possible. If you need longer please let me know so I can let the mappers know; they are pretty flexible but keeping them informed is important.

Lastly, if you have any questions please let me know. I'm online almost all the time through MSN messenger (campagnolo90@hotmail.com), xfire (msgmaverick), and on QuakeNet IRC @ #maverickservers. Many of the judges and most of the mappers mappers are already on #maverickservers so it would be nice if everyone could eventually meet up there and do some pickup matches. If anything, just stop on by and say hi and give a big congrats.

Once again, thank you all for agreeing to be judges for this competition. I look forward to seeing the results and feedback.

-Maverick
http://www.MaverickServers.com

Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:15 am
Site Admin

Post Re: Judging has started
I mentioned this in the IRC channel as well:

I contacted Sapphire last night and sent them links to download the judging map pack so they can get the maps onto their Eyefinity system at QuakeCon.

If you guys have made improvements to your maps since submitting them for judging please continue posting in your respective posts and I'll update the official map pack. Thanks.

Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:13 pm
Site Admin

Sorry for the delay guys, I'm still waiting on the final judge to submit his scores.

Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:16 pm
Site Admin

The scores are all in!

The winners countdown will occur tomorrow, Thursday August 25th, at 12PM GMT-5 (eastern standard time) at #maverickservers on quakenet. They'll be posted here immediately after. I hope everyone can join us there for a little party.

Congrats everyone! We're all done.

Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:12 am

Well... I thought quakers have a good timing.
I won't be here for the next 4 days. Bad Luck. Hopefully we could reach some winning rank.
Good Luck for the other participants!

Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]